CST 8128 - Computer Applications - Winter (January-April) 1998
This page last updated: Sunday September 27, 1998 01:07
- The textbook is An Introduction to Programming Using Visual Basic 5.0 by David
I. Schneider (Third Edition, Prentice-Hall 1998). Click here
to view the corrections and errata for this text.
- The text is absolutely essential for this course. You may use the CD-ROM that
comes with it to install Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition on your home PC, so
that you may work at home as well as in the Lab.
- Read the Course Outline (found on the M: drive at Algonquin). This is a
programmed-study course with only one 2-hour lab period per week. Make the most
advantageous use of this limited time with your instructor.
- You may find it necessary to spend additional time doing exercises outside of class
- Read the introductory material in Chapters 1 and 2 at some time if you find it of
The Visual Basic material of the course begins in Chapter 3.
Instructor: Ian Allen
Click here for Ian Allen's section of CST 8128.
Instructor: Michael Anderson
Contact Michael Anderson via email.
Michael's notes are on his FTP site.
Instructor: Robert Allison
Click here for Robert
Allison's section of CST 8128.
Instructor: Arnold Betz
Contact Arnold Betz during office hours.
Last revised: Sunday September 27, 1998 01:07.
Email comments to Ian! D. Allen email@example.com