Windows 95 Assignment 3 - Section 040
This assignment is for Section 040 - Ian Allen.
Hand in 9 printouts. Staple them together with your name written at the upper
Label each printout properly (T7-1, T7-2, T7-3, T7-4, T7-5, T8-1a, T8-1b, T9-1,
and T9-2) at the upper right corner of the page. Printouts with no label or
wrong labels receive zero marks.
Tutorial 7. Use DISK 3 and 2 blank diskettes for this tutorial. (Four
printouts and one table)
Tutorial 8. Use DISK 3 for this tutorial. (2 printouts)
- Follow the Tutorial 7 text from Pages 265-290.
- When you reach the top of page 279 and need a name for saving a file
set, instead of using your "social security number", use
MEIXXA where XX is your initials (i.e. JD for John Doe).
- Print the screen when you reach Figure 7-19 on page 284.
- Read the section about Tape Backup in pages 287-290. You will
not be able to do this section, since we don't have tape drives on which
- Read carefully the section on Restoring DOS & Windows 3.1 Backups
- Do the Tutorial Assignment on page 291. Print as indicated in step
(Use the same backup disk as #1. Use a new blank diskette for #3 and #4.)
- Do Case Problem #1 on page 292. Print as indicated in step 21.
- Do Case Problem #2 on page 292-3. Print as indicated in Step 14.
(Make sure that you do not restore, as indicated in Step 15.)
- Do Case Problem #3 and #4 on page 293-4. Prepare the tables as
required on one sheet of paper. One should use incremental backup strategy,
the other differential. Hand in the tables.
Tutorial 9. Use DISK 4 for this tutorial. (2 printouts)
- Follow Tutorial 8 text from pages 295-318.
- When you reach Figure 8-21 on page 316, print that screen. (When
defragmenting a small disk such as a floppy, you must click the
"Show Details" button of Figure 8-20 quickly in order to get
the detail screen before the defragmenting finishes. It works better on
an older and slower model computer, or on a larger disk drive.)
- When you reach Figure 8-23 on page 318, print that screen.
- Follow Tutorial 9 text from pages 323-365.
- To install one of the accessories' applets, you need the Windows 95
Installation CD-ROM or disks. If you had WordPad installed, then choose
one of the applets on the Figures 9-3 and 9-4 to practice. You may skip
pages 325-8 if you don't have the installation disks.
- Print as instructed on page 360. Continue to create a scrap and then
on to page 364.
- Do Tutorial Assignment on page 365-6. Print as indicated in Step 22.